July 31, 2018
Kyoto Office of Imperial Household Agency
Please be informed that the Kyoto Office of Imperial Household Agency will expand visiting opportunity to the Katsura Imperial Villa in order to correspond to the growing demand. To cover the expenses due to the expansion, the admission will be charged. This is to aim to contribute the government’s “Tourism Vision Realization Program 2017”. The new guidelines for visit of Katsura Imperial Villa will be implemented from November 1, 2018.
Followings are the changes in the new guidelines.
Ⅰ．Expanding visiting opportunity
||From November 1, 2018
|Maximum number of visitors per tour
|Number of tours per day
||24 tours (including 5 tours of English guided tour )
|Maximum number of visitors per day
|Maximum number of visitors for English guided tour
||5 tours (100 people)
||18 years old or older
||12 years old or older
- 1) Guided tour will be increased into 24 tours
Including 5 tours of English guided tour.
- 2) English guided tour will be held 5 tours.
If you wish to use multi language audio guide (English, Chinese, French, Spanish, and Korean Audio Commentary) please join the Japanese guided tour.
- 3) Tour takes about one hour.
- 4) Age requirement will be changed.
Visitors must be 12 years old or older
Presentation of certificate is required.
- 5) Same day application will start at 8:40 at the reception of Katsura Imperial Villa (please see the map (PDF：464KB)). However, please note your application will not be accepted if the maximum number of visitors has been reached.
- Admission will be charged as follows.
- 1) 18 years old or older: 1000 yen
- 2) 12 years old -17 years old: admission free. Presentation of certificate is required.
- 3) Visitor who has Physical disability certificate: admission free
One attendant who supports the visitor: admission free
- 4) Admission will be charged at the reception of the villa.
Ⅲ．Date of implementation
Ⅳ．For further details : Please refer to the new guidelines
- Contact: The Kyoto Office of Imperial Household Agency
- Tel : 075 211 1215 e-mail : email@example.com
- Office working hours 8:40-17:00
- Closed on Mondays (on the following day if it falls on a public holiday), and New Year Holidays (December 28-January4)